Why use an IMDT Qualified Dog Trainer?
All IMDT Qualified Trainers have undergone a rigorous Assessment process to meet the high standards expected of any IMDT Member.
IMDT Members are practically Assessed on both their dog AND people training skills. The IMDT logo is a kite-mark of quality, knowledge and understanding.
Consequently all IMDT Full and Student Members can deliver quality in four major areas of dog training:
- Group Classes,
- Home Visit Consultations,
- One To One Training, and
- Canine Behaviour Knowledge.
Furthermore every IMDT Trainer is Re-Assessed every two years to ensure Continual Professional Development (CPD) is regularly maintained and expanded.
Should any queries arise from dog owners regarding an IMDT Trainer, there is a comprehensive enquiry procedure developed to maintain the highest possible professional standards expected of each IMDT Member.
Hence by booking an IMDT Member, you are booking a Trainer that has CHOSEN to be put through an Assessment process second to none within the professional dog training and behaviour arena.
The IMDT Code of Ethics
All Members of The IMDT agree to abide by The IMDT Code of Ethics:
- To train dogs professionally with honesty, integrity and in the best interest of the dog, owner, the public and The IMDT.
- Actively provide and promote force-free training methods and actively reject any methods or equipment that may cause physical or mental discomfort.
- Continue Professional development through books, workshops, courses & seminars.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of clients.
- Carry suitable professional insurance including public liability.
- Members agree to work within their professional limits and agree to refer owners with needs beyond those limits to a suitable professional.
- Provide and promote science based, proven dog training principles to a high, professional standard.
- Avoid positive punishment as a tool for training dogs.
- Accept IMDT Committee decisions as final after appeals process.
- Proactively benefit dogs and dog owners.
- Proactively promote The IMDT.